Re: ps: No substitute for seeing a specimen: Hone blog

Even with a large number of well lit photos, I can't imagine how you could
possibly interpret a specimen equally well as you would when seeing it in
person. It's along the lines of the Flatlander idea (though obviously not quite
as extreme): you're taking a three dimensional figure and converting it into
two dimensional space.