RE: Glishades ericksoni, a new hadrosauroid from Montana

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Tim Williams
>
> As Tom says, Euhadrosauria is available for the more
> inclusive clade (called Hadrosauridae by Prieto-Marquez).
> However, there is no reason why a clade that is defined to
> include _Hadrosaurus_ could not simply be called
> 'Hadrosauria'.  In other words, Hadrosauridae would be
> re-named  Hadrosauria, which would inclde Saurolophidae.

In his disseratation, and presumably in the ZJLS paper, Albert has other
more inclusive plans for "Hadrosauria".

> Interestingly, Prieto-Marquez (2010) recovers _Lambeosaurus
> laticaudus_ as the sister taxon to _Hypacrosaurus_; so the
> new combination _Hypacrosaurus laticaudus_ may be in order
> for the Mexican hadrosaur.

I noticed, and I like. There are many little interesting tidbits in his big
analysis, which I am awaiting in the later analysis.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/