Huge Theropod Database Update

I added an entirely new section to the website- Evaluating Phylogenetic
Analyses. This portion of the website is devoted to past phylogenetic analyses
of theropods. Each page is devoted to a particular analysis and any published
modifications it has been through, noting the general importance of the paper
with citation. I then note which codings are inaccurate, re-run the analysis,
check both the original and corrected versions against different topologies,
and even try adding in interesting taxa.

All named non-avian avepods are now online! New taxa include Austrocheirus,
"Rahiolisaurus", Cruxicheiros, Leshansaurus, Raptorex, Sinotyrannus,
Bistahieversor, Kileskus, Haplocheirus, Xixianykus, Luoyanggia, Banji,
Pneumatoraptor, Tianyuraptor, Linheraptor, Dromaeosaurus, Utahraptor,
Xixiasaurus, Jianchangornis and Longicrusavis. Taxa which have been
significantly updated include Sarcosaurus, Dilophosaurus "breedorum",
Megalosaurus? "tibetensis", "Merosaurus", "Ngexisaurus", Chuandongocoelurus,
"Allosaurus" tendagurensis, Megalosaurus "dapukaensis", "Metriacanthosaurus"
"reynoldsi", "Poekilopleuron" schmidti, Prodeinodon? "tibetensis",
"Saltriosaurus", Megalosaurus, "Megalosaurus" "phillipsi", Microvenator?
"chagyabi", Embasaurus, Alioramus (including A. altai as a junior synonym of A.
remotus), Elaphrosaurus "philtippettensis" (as a junior synonym of
Tanycolagreus).

Basal Tetanurae and Megalosauroidea have been completely reorganized to reflect
Benson's (2010) and Benson et al.'s (2010) new data, and Megaraptora has been
formed within Coelurosauria. Alvarezsauroidea has also been reorganized with
revised diagnoses. In addition, I've made sure all family-level names are valid
according to ICZN Article 13.1.1.

Things to do include finishing evaluating Holtz's (1994) analysis; reorganizing
Dromaeosauridae now that I've incorporated the Tianyuraptor, new Anchiornis and
Hesperonychus data; getting the ex-Theropoda section uploaded; adding Tawa with
Nesbitt et al.'s data, ceratosaur data and more carnosaurs to the saurischian
supermatrix to update those topologies; adding the rest of the Mesozoic Aves;
and eventually incorporating all the new data from basal tyrannosauroids and
proceratosaurids to reorganize that section.

Mickey Mortimer
The Theropod Database- http://home.comcast.net/~eoraptor/Home.html
The Theropod Database Blog- http://theropoddatabase.blogspot.com/

inbox.