RE: Paronychodon/Richardoestesia

Unfortunately, I never had most of the papers that dealt with
Campano-Maastrichtian tooth-based collections, but unless I am mistaken, this
was in the original work describing *Richardoestesia gilmorei* [1].

[1] Currie, P. J., Rigby, J. K., Jr. & Sloan, R. E. 1993. Theropod teeth from
the Judith River Formation of southern Alberta, Canada. p. 105-125. in
Carpenter & Currie (eds.) _Dinosaur Systematics: Approaches and Perspectives_
(Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK).

*Paronychodon lacustrtis* is based on a tooth that is phenotypically classed:
its "diagnostic" features are wear effects and lingual ridge presence,
sometimes on the same tooth, and sometimes the former producing the latter.
These teeth are likely to represent virtually every other taxon from the Hell
Creek, Judith River, Dinosaur Park formations that have long, thin, narrow
teeth in any part of the jaw (including troodontids, richardoestesians,
velociraptorines, tyrannosaurids; and they may also pertain to nontheropodans
as well).

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)