Re: Science feather strength debate

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM,  Greg Paul <GSP1954@aol.com> wrote
many things that he probably shouldn't have.

Now that the elections are over in the United States, I'd like to ask
everyone to try to remember that politics generally poisons rather
than promotes science.

Nobody should care whether Greg was offended by claims about who's
doing a better job of describing reproducible methods to model or
measure masses and feather strengths.  For Greg to say things such as:

> I have since learned that they have been developing a bad
> reputation in the field, it is they who need to reform. Really badly.

is nothing more nor less than posturing.  We don't want that kind of
behavior here.  Not technically a violation of our policies (I don't
think), but definitely against the spirit of what this list is
supposed to be about.

I am not inviting discussion of these points.  If you would like to
comment on them, please do so to me or Mary directly.

Thank you for your cooperation.

--
Mickey Rowe      (MickeyPRowe@gmail.com)