Re: Well its not dinosaurian, but nevertheless ..............

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010, Dann Pigdon wrote:
On Thu, Nov 4th, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Dan Chure <danchure@easilink.com> wrote:

This is of such astounding neontological curiosity, that I pass it on as
members of this list would, I hope, find it of some interest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1320804/Mountain-goats-climb-160ft-near-vertical-
Cingino-dam.html

Animals will go to astounding lengths (or heights!) to address mineral
deficiancies. In Mt Elgon
National Park in Kenya there are elephants that have been mining salt from
caves quite possibly
for thousands of years.

Check out this recent mountain goat picture frmo the current nat geo issue (cover story on migrations)

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/11/great-migrations/img/08-mountain-goat-714.jpg

or

http://tinyurl.com/245e7qr