Re: Science feather strength debate

2010/11/4  <tholtz@geol.umd.edu>:

> Let us not forget that the fighting dinosaur specimen of Velociraptor is
> actually grasping something (the frill of the Protoceratops) with its left
> hand.

Good note. After looking for some photos of the fighting pair
(http://www.denverfowler.com/index.php?func=display&module=htmlpages&pid=30),
it seems to me that only the second digit ungual touches the border of
the frill. All the manual digits are extended, I would suppose that if
some grasping occurred, we should see digits a little flexed.