RE: Science feather strength debate

Jason Brougham wrote-

> Yes, of course it is not certain. But Conchavenator may have had enlarged
> feathers on the ulna, and this might suggest that ulnar feathers evolved no
> later than the last common ancestor between carcharodontosaurs and birds
> lived. Of course it could be even earlier. In any case, it is then quite
> possible that "wings" were serving some function separate from climbing into
> trees.

As Naish and I independantly concluded, the supposed feather quill knobs on
Concavenator's ulna are probably an intermuscular line.
http://theropoddatabase.blogspot.com/2010/09/concavenator-feathers-becklespinax-and.html
http://theropoddatabase.blogspot.com/2010/09/concavenator-part-ii-becklespinax.html

Mickey Mortimer