Re: Science feather strength debate

On 11/14/2010 12:55 AM, Tim Williams wrote:
As for the turkey, it's my understanding that most if not all
phasianids have a hallux that is sufficient to oppose the other three
pedal digits.

I do not know if the American Wild Turkey is a phasianid :), but I know they can die on a small tree branch, capsize and hang upside down for at least a week... both feet securely gripping the branch postmortem (personal obs.).