Re: Tyrannosaurus tail torque

I'm very glad to see this paper out now; awesome research!

I've been saying the same thing for a long time (see, e.g., my
Plateosaurus reconstructions and my upcoming Kentrosaurus paper). In
comparison to crocs even Plateosaurus had a proportionally much larger
CFL. Immediately visible because of the much longer haemapophyses.

What needs to be kept in mind is another factor of thicker muscles
that is often overlooked: the moment arm increases, too, so that
lateral motions of the tail can be performed with even more power
(torque = force * moment arm).

:)
Heinrich