RE: Tyrannosaurus Tail Torque

  Since a blood choke (strangle) only takes about 8 to 10 seconds (if that) to
knock someone out, I really doubt a severed head would be conscious for as long
as you say. The brain needs a fairly constant supply of glucose and oxygen to
function. Ruptured arteries can kill...fast. The crap in the movies where
people get shot or stabbed in the leg or arm and act like it's not life
threatening is just that, crap. What Greg Paul shows in 'Predatory Dinosaurs of
the World' is dead on; a massive loss of flesh and a severed major artery could
kill very quickly. As far as the Jurassic Park comment goes, I think the
purpose of the line was to conjure this image of these things eating your
organs while you watch. I have a feeling that they would kill you a little
faster than that: they had an array of weapons that could puncture arteries and
they also had very sharp teeth. That being said, I guess if they are swallowing
the bits they chew off, then yes, they are technically eating you while you are
alive. If I'm not mistaken, some big cats like Pumas and jaguars will chew
through their victim's head...ouch.