Re: Tyrannosaurus Tail Torque

> Debate is whatcha put on de hook to catch de fish.

Oh David... I'm embarrassed to say I laughed at that.

> The teeth have partially slipped out of their sockets, and the (therefore
> exposed) hollow roots have broken from the pressure of the overlying rock,
> giving them a grooved appearance. The fossa for the venom gland is just not
> there...

Here's one take on this, which includes a link to the paper
(Gianechini et al., 2010):

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/dinosaur/2010/07/09/sinornithosaurus-probably-wasnt-venomous-after-all/

PNAS appears to be publishing some pretty wacky stuff these days.  (Of
course this doesn't apply to the PNAS paper I co-authored  -
along with 19 other people - which was an exemplary piece of work,
utterly beyond reproach...)

Cheers

Tim