RE: New iguanodonts in PLoS ONE

Neither is "erect", of course. ;)

But seriously, I have to ask if there is any good reason for caring about using
proper Latin or Greek in scientific names.  We're not actually speaking the
language, just making labels for taxa.  Surely it doesn't matter how we make
the label as long as we can communicate it.  Maybe it's a generational thing,
but being picky over the formation of names strikes me as something only
someone who uses aescs and cares where their salad fork goes would be concerned
with.

Mickey Mortimer