Re: New iguanodonts in PLoS ONE

 Millennium has two Ns, yet we're stuck with *Sinornithosaurus
 millenii* all the same.

That depends on how we interpret Art. 32.5.1 http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted-sites/iczn/code/includes/page.jsp?article=32&nfv=#5 : Latin words don't need to be transliterated or latinized, so these sources of explicitly permissible errors cannot occur, and we're left with a plain misspelling of a perhaps widely known word that _has_ a correct spelling...

I just hope something can be done about the execrable *Futalognkosaurus*. The authors all speak Spanish, and it's _ng_ as in _tengo_! <headdesk>

 I'd have thought that poor Latin grammar would be grounds for
 rejecting a paper that errects [sic] a new name - except that many
 such mispellings [sic] over the years would suggest otherwise.

That's up to the editors of each journal. The ICZN lacks such a rule, with the exception of the -i/-ae/-orum/-arum endings. However, and this is important, we're not talking about grammar in the case of *S. millenii*; this is spelling (...and pronunciation, because Latin distinguished long and short consonants just like Italian still does... _anus_ and _annus_ weren't pronounced the same).