Lack of Running Giant Theropod Tracks

  Unless I missed a major discovery somewhere, we have yet to find a trackway
that proves that giant theropods could run. What about the Paluxy River
Acrocanthosaur/allosaurid trackway that is "missing" a footprint on one side?
It is ulikely that the Acro was hanging onto the side of the sauropod, since
there is no change in the sauropod's gate, and there is no distortion in the
"hopping" print as one might expect. If the Acrocanthosaur (or similar
allosauroid) was "skipping" to keep pace, that would mean this huge animal
hopped on one foot (both feet were in the air at one point). Doesn't this
trackway then demonstrate that at least this theropod had leg muscles strong
enough to propel it into an arial phase in its stride and was therefore capable
of running? How long was the hop length? Couldn't you use the "hop" length to
calculate the force needed to propel a 4 to 6 tonne animal through the air (on
one foot) for that distance and then use that data to help calculate potential
run speed? I'm sorry if this has been brought up already. I checked the list
and couldn't find much on this subject beyond paper requests.

Simeon Koning