Re: Lack of Running Giant Theropod Tracks

The first question that came to mind when I read this subject line was: "do we
have fossilized tracks that show ANY animal running, or breaking into a run?"

I honestly don't know, but that would be the first place I would look. If
running trackways are rare (and I think they probably are) then they probably
tell us more about the ecological conditions that preserve trackways (as Dr.
Holtz alluded to) and less about the actual capabilities of the animals making
them.

Jason