Re: Lack of Running Giant Theropod Tracks

Don,
elephants do not like swamps. They love water with a firm bottom, not
muddy slush.

Aside from that, check the paper I mailed around.
As Mike pointed out, sauropods have an extremely high mass / foot area
ratio. Bad idea in swamps. Especially when the big biped that wants to
eat a sauropod steak has proportionally BIGGER feet. You can see the
same phenomenon with lava flows: big cats can cross the cooling lava
earlier than ungulates can. Trapped ungulates thus become easy prey.

And I hope you avoid swamps, because I do not like the idea of losing
a DML contributor that way. Stick to more solid ground, be it covered
with water or not.

:)