Re: Lack of Running Giant Theropod Tracks

Hm, can you stop shifting goalposts?

On the one hand, you want conditions where the theropods can't follow.
Deep water. And tipping over.
Then, you want shallow water - but please, not with a soggy bottom. We
know what happened to sauropods in such conditions: they got stuck and
eaten. E.g., the Tendaguru sauropods.
But in shallow water, why should the theropods not follow? They are
not that much smaller - and biting into a thick sauropod tail that's
just before your snout is something at least some large broad-snouted
(i.e., crocodile-like snouted) thereopods certainly manged very well,
thank you.

So what is it to - where are sauropods supposed to run to? Deep water?
Swamps? Shallow lakes and ponds?

Also, how is "letting air out" supposed to work? it doesn't much shift
the center of mass, because of the simple fact that the majority of
air sacs is located dorsally. And what replaces the air? Will the skin
cave in, into the very bones?

:9