Re: Lack of Running Giant Theropod Tracks

On 29 November 2010 15:39, Don Ohmes <d_ohmes@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 11/29/2010 10:03 AM, Mike Taylor wrote:
>>
>> Don, I am simply not going to bother engaging with you until you give
>> evidence that you have read and understood Alexander (1985:21-22) and
>> Alexander (1989:30-34), and that you have new evidence that shows how
>> and where Alexander was mistaken.  All I am seeing at the moment is
>> your own preconceptions stated as fact.  If you've got more than that,
>> great: I am all ears.
>
> And I will not engage you until you have done some reading on the habits of
> elephants, and the many other animals w/ compact feet commonly observed
> utilizing swampy areas daily.

Elphants and small, and have fat feet.  Sauropods are big and have
compact feed.  They are not comparable.

> But who apparently never read Alexander.

Evidently the elephants HAVE read Alexander, who showed (1989:34) that
the pressure exerted by their feet is less than ONE QUARTER of that
exerted by the feet of Apatosaurus, and that the Apatosaurus pressure
was nearly twice that of a domestic cow.  He also showed, in the same
table, that the foot pressure of large sauropods was nearly two and
half times that of large theropods, who would have have fared much
BETTER in the swamps than the saropods would.

This is why we have The Literature.

And with that, I bow out of the thread.  You may have the last word.