Re: Theropod Social Behavior (Videos of Possible Analogs)

Â>I Wonder if sauropods behaved like this to some degree.

Agonistic behavior toward adolescents maybe...but I would bet it would
be centered around reproduction and not food. The striated rook adults
are claiming a localized resource (the kill). This would be a waste of
time for a resource that is spread out as in grazing. A better
analogue for sauropod behavior might be elephants...the bulls defend
their females against upstart adolescent Lotharios.