Re: Lack of Running Giant Theropod Tracks

 It certainly is plausible that adult forms were considerably more bulky than
the juveniles, and thus slower, and this would be more likely if they relied on
size and not speed to survive as adults.

There are also scaling laws.
Something on the size order of a cockroach or mouse, is not going to get going
60 mph, but I doubt anything (alive, with just muscles, ligaments, and bones
for locomotion) that weighs 60 tons could get going that fast either.

I suspect there is an optimal size for speed when it comes to animals, and
given the great sizes of the adult dinosaurs, it seems reasonable that the
young could have been outright faster.

but as to this comparison of adult humans and toddlers....

Some how I don't think that preschoolers could run a marathon, at least not
anywhere near as fast as adults who devote a considerable amount of their time
training for it (especially those Kenyans!).

Comparing preschoolers who run around all day playing hide and
seek/tag/whatever, to an adult with a desk job, to a 150 kg linebacker who
trains mainly to block and only be active for 30 seconds tops before a break in
play.... is not very useful.
Especially when comparing children to adults in a country where obesity is
epidemic, and adults are sedentary.

Take a kid along on a long hike, and get ready for whining

They also fall asleep much faster/easier than adults it seems. Suppose you play
with a kid where equal distances of running are involved, afterwards you relax
on the couch and watch something on TV, the toddler sleeps.
The toddler then wakes up ready to go, while you were just getting ready to nod
off.

I get the impression that it is a matter of faster recovery, rather than
greater endurance, and they certainly do not have greater speed.