Huoshanornis huji, new enantiornithes

A New Enantiornithine Bird from the Early Cretaceous of Western Liaoning,
China

Xia Wang1,4, Zihui Zhang1,4,5, Chunling Gao2, Lianhai Hou1,3, Qingjin Meng2
and Jinyuan Liu

Abstract.
We describe a new enantiornithine bird, Huoshanornis huji gen. et sp. nov.,
from the Early Cretaceous Jiufotang Formation in Chaoyang, western Liaoning
Province, China. This new bird is distinguished from other known
enantiornithines in possessing a considerably reduced alular digit, a broad
intermetacarpal space, a relatively long phalanx of the minor digit of the
manus, and a remarkable triangular expansion at the distal end of the lateral
trabecula of the sternum. The morphology of the manus may also suggest that at
low flight speeds the new bird's maneuverability was exceptional

The Condor 112(3):432-437. 2010

I don't have a pdf, if someone is so kind to send me a copy...

Cheers,

Lukas Panzarin