Re: Publication and the Code

Because the ICZN doesn't require publication in a proper journal, nor
peer review, in order to create a valid name.  It may not meet the
standards that the profession sets itself, but that doesn't influence
ICZN validity.

That said...is this even self-published according to the ICZN?  Unlike
the Kayentavenator booklet, which was published in print from an
on-demand publisher, this is just a pdf, and to my knowledge no
durable copies have been circulated to institutions or even
individuals (I assume there are people with printed copies, but not
enough that they are known).

So this may fall short of ICZN requirements, unless they are
depositing copies at major institutions unbeknownst to us all.  I
suppose this could still be in flux, but at this point I think it
would probably fall (just) short.

-Scott

--
Scott Hartman
Scientific Advisor/Technical Illustrator