Pink dinosaur charity fundraiser

Hey folks,

I don't think this has been mentioned on the list already, but apologies if it
has. As I'm sure many of you are aware, Art Evolved is hosting a Pink Dinosaur
Charity Fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society. It's being talked about on
a number of blogs but, in case it's passed anyone by, the upshot is that every
drawing of a pink dinosaur submitted to Art Evolved before the end of the month
will equate to $1 being donated to the CCS (pink being the chosen colour in
association with Breast Cancer Awareness Month, see). You can find out more
here:

http://blogevolved.blogspot.com/2010/09/pink-dinosaur-fundraiser-for-cancer.html

and, because I think this is a brilliant idea, I'm even going to give you the
submission E-mail address:

artevolved@gmail.com

At time of writing, the current donation funds stand at $167
(http://cancerevents.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=420153&supid=305273012),
 but the goal is $500. Many DMLers are avid palaeoartists and there's still
plenty of October left, so there's no excuse for anyone who can hold a pencil
or a pink crayon not to submit something to help them reach that goal. At least
some non-dinosaurian Mesozoic reptiles seem fair game, too, though I'm not sure
how far the rules can be stretched.

Before I go, I should point out that I'm nothing to do with any of this: the
kudos for the idea lies with Peter Bond and the rest of the Art Evolved team,
who deserve several glasses of the finest German beer for their work here. I've
never seen palaeoart be used in such a commendable way before, so hats off to
them for their efforts.

Mark

--

Dr. Mark Witton

Palaeobiology Research Group
University of Portsmouth
Burnaby Building
Burnaby Road
Portsmouth
PO1 3QL

Tel: (44)2392 842418
E-mail: Mark.Witton@port.ac.uk

If pterosaurs are your thing, be sure to check out:

- Pterosaur.Net: www.pterosaur.net
- The Pterosaur.Net blog: http://pterosaur-net.blogspot.com/
- My pterosaur artwork: www.flickr.com/photos/markwitton