RE: New Chinese coelophysid (unnamed) photos

Jaime Headden wrote-

> You wouldn't expect a basal coelophysoid to look entirely like a derived one,
> right?

No, but assuming Tawa's subnarial gap (and Eoraptor's partial one) indicates
the structure is basal for avepods, I'd expect a basal coelophysoid to have
one.  Looking at it again I notice the preacetabular process is too high for an
Eoraptor-grade taxon though.  Perhaps it's a ceratosaur or something on the
ceratosaur-tetanurine stem.  I note that Parker (on Chinleana) agrees it's not
a coelophysoid.

Mickey Mortimer