RE: New Chinese coelophysid (unnamed) photos

I agree with Mickey that the skull appears to be preserved to the tip, due to
the mandible's preservation (or that they are equally truncated, then separated
in post mortem position). However, the preservation of the material (and
possibly the incomplete preparation) makes assessing the morphology of the
snout difficult; I cannot even see a distinct margin for the external naris,
much less the shape of the premaxilla.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)