RE: Koreanosaurus, new burrowing ornithopod [Meta]

why does it keep switching back to Rich Text?

 > Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:00:24 -0700> From: tijawi@yahoo.com> To:
 > dinosaur@usc.edu>
CC: tijawi@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: Koreanosaurus, new burrowing ornithopod
[Meta]

 > Note that although the _Koreanosaurus_ paper includes a cladogram, the
 > relationships of this taxon were never actually tested. As the authors put
 > it: "_Koreanosaurus was simply placed by hand on this cladogramme [sic], on
 > the base of the characters that can directly be observed on the
 > _Koreanosaurus_ material at hand." IMHO, this approach should not be
 > encouraged, because the figured cladogram gives the misleading impression
 > that a sister-taxon relationship was recovered between _Orodromeus_ and
 > _Koreanosaurus_.

 so....they can't say "based on what we have, this is who we think are related
to _Koreanosaurus_" ?

 yes, I know it would be best to find a dozen full and complete skeletons of
_Koreanosaurus_. but -

 if nobody ever finds any more _Koreanosaurus_es than this, wouldn't that mean
that we can't figure them into cladograms, because there wasn't enough material
to begin with?