Re: Koreanosaurus (regarding PDFs instead of forelimbs)

Needless to say there's plenty here that I disagree with, but let me
just zero in one part where Jaime and I do agree: "if an author does
not wish to have his intellectual product come under the geas of such
rules, he should not submit to that journal".  Absolutely right!  When
we're deciding where to send our stuff, a BIG part of that decision
should involve these questions: (A) is it open access?  Or at least
(B) if it's not, can/will they stop me from posting my paper openly
myself.

In the field of palaeo, where Elsevier journals are not Impact Factor
Monsters or anything, I find it hard to imagine any combination of
circumstances that would induce me to send one of my papers to them.