Re: Koreanosaurus (regarding PDFs instead of forelimbs)

Out of ignorance: how is publication of PlosOne, Zookeys or Acta
Palaeontologica Polonica issues made sustainable, if it is free both
submitting and distributing? Just because of generosity? Perhaps, if
money does not came from the pockets of generous publishers themselves
or some philanthropist, there is some lesson of use for other
publishers with similar interests. Another way for publication may be
via the funding of universities. It is logical that if universities
are interested in their staff generating knowledge (as they do), and
not only teaching, that knowledge needs to be made available. The
payment, for the publishing work, thus, is paid by the alumni or the
state, according to the major funding the university receives...