[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
What should be done (humor)
while inspired by the discussions in > Subject: Re: Koreanosaurus, new
burrowing ornithopod [Meta]....this is meant in a spirit of fun, and therefore
should not be taken seriously without at least a few dozen stone of salt.
Suggestion as follows:
To ensure that satisfaction is complete among the paleontological community,
the following rules shall be put into affect:
- describers must measure and qualify/quantify every single feature of their
fossil, no matter how minute. (ie no saving the Giganonatosaurus endocast for
- once the preceeding is complete, describers must create a cladogram which
includes every single other fossil species/genus in that newly-described
fossil's (-)-hipped group (if its down at the base of that group, then both
lizard- and bird-hipped should be included, just to be sure.
- said cladograms should include every single other fossil - thus all
describers must wait in line neatly and patiently if more than one member of
the fossil group has been found worldwide. (as, otherwise, the cladogram would
- to cut down on wait time, the cladogram should be in use by everyone, rather
than each describing team making one of their own.
- PhyloCode must be free of any flaws seen by critics.
- annual parties.
- the paleontological community should recruit lawyers, so Discovery Channel
(et al) will not be so quick to belittle professional work, such as with scaly