Re: Iguanodonts in Time and Space

This and plenty of other papers in the same issue are available at
http://www.ucm.es/info/estratig/JIG/vol_content/abstjour36_2.htm

----- Original Message ----
From: Daniel Madzia <daniel.madzia@gmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Sent: Sun, 24 October, 2010 2:13:07 AM
Subject: Iguanodonts in Time and Space

Dear DMLers,
If I remember correctly, this paper hasn't been mentioned yet:

Carpenter, K. & Ishida, Y. 2010. Early and âMiddleâ Cretaceous
Iguanodonts in Time and Space. Journal of Iberian Geology 36 (2):
145-164.

Abstract: Recent discoveries of diverse iguanodonts throughout the
Cedar Mountain Formation (Utah, USA) have led us to assess the global
diversity of Early Cretaceous iguanodonts. The record in England is
more diverse than previously recognized due to Iguanodon being a
wastebasket genus throughout the Twentieth Century. Several new taxa,
previously recognized as generically distinct by Harry Grovier Seeley,
are named. The spatial and temporal distributions of iguanodonts are
plotted on global maps as a key to understanding the origin of the
Cedar Mountain Formation iguanodonts.

You can download it here:
http://www.ucm.es/info/estratig/JIG/vol_content/vol_36_2/36_2_145_164_Carpenter.pdf

Just a very short note: Carpenter and Ishida introduced four new taxa
there: Proplanicoxa galtoni, Sellacoxa pauli, Wadhurstia (for
Iguanodon fittoni) and Torilion (for Iguanodon dawsoni), and since I.
fittoni and I. dawsoni were already assigned to their own genera -
Hypselospinus and Barilium, respectively - both names are junior
objective synonyms of these names. See Norman (2010). Also, Carpenter
and Ishida synonymized Dollodon bampingi with Dollodon seelyi (new
combination).

Norman, D. B. 2010. A taxonomy of iguanodontians (Dinosauria:
Ornithopoda) from the lower Wealden Group (Cretaceous: Valanginian) of
southern England. Zootaxa 2489: 47â66.

Best,
--
Daniel Madzia