RE: New paper on pre-Archaeopteryx coelurosaurian dinosaurs

Do understand that basic limb segment lengths are not the way to measure hip
height, nor the method described in Senter and Robins, but under the basis of
limb length at set angles, assuming cartilage; some segements (the femur
especially) are more effective portions of limb length to hip height than
others because they are closer to the verticle throughout their excursion,
unlike the tibia or the metatarsals, although the later are second. In taxa
with long femora and long metatarsals, the hip height is greater based on the
S&R model.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)