RE: What is Liassaurus

This "taxon" has never been formally erected. It shows up on the internet, but
is not a formal name. It is listed in work that
started life as an unpublished manuscript by Welles and Powell, and later
ammended by Pickering (who has spread it around to various
peoples).

The material in question is from the same quarry as specimens of Sarcosaurus,
and may in fact be the limb material of this dinosaur.

Now, as to what Sarcosaurus is: that remains a matter of debate. A basal
neotheropod of some stripe.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216