RE: What is Liassaurus

from http://home.comcast.net/~eoraptor/Coelophysoidea.htm#Sarcosauruswoodi

"Liassaurus huenei" Welles, Powell and Pickering vide Pickering, 1995
Sinemurian, Early Jurassic
Lower Lias, England
(Warwick Museum coll.) (gracile) (~3.5 m, ~55 g) anterior
  dorsal centrum (45 mm), mid dorsal centrum (50 mm), ilial fragment, partial
  pubes, incomplete femora (~320 mm), tibiae (one proximal; 297 mm), distal
fibula,
  distal metatarsal II, distal metatarsal III, proximal phalanx III-1, distal
  metatarsal IV

In 1927, Huene was informed of a theropod partial
  skeleton in the Warwick Museum which he later described (1932) as a specimen
  of Sarcosaurus woodi. A distal pubis referred to the specimen is not
  theropod, as the end is extremely flattened anteroposteriorly. It is very
similar
  to sauropodomorphs more derived than Saturnalia, but less than Yunnanosaurus,
  and is here referred to that clade. Carrano and Sampson (2004) referred to
the
  specimen as cf. Sarcosaurus woodi, seemingly depending on Huene's
description.
  While both Huene and Carrano and Sampson noted similarity between the Warwick
  specimen and the woodi holotype, neither provided synapomorphies to support
  such a referral. Pickering (1995) listed the name Liassaurus huenei in
  an unpublished bibliographic work, credited to Welles, Powell and Pickering.
  This is a nomen nudum however, as he didn't follow ICZN Article 8.1.3- it
must
  have been produced in an edition containing simultaneously obtainable copies
  by a method that assures numerous identical and durable copies. He later
(Welles
  and Pickering, 1999) referred to it as an unnamed Liassic theropod in the
comparative
  section of an unpublished Megalosaurus redescription. It is presumably
  one of the theropods to be redescribed by Welles and Powell in their
unpublished
  study from the 1970's, which Pickering intends to publish as Mutanda
Dinosaurologica.
  Pickering posted his diagnosis for "Liassaurus" on a private newsgroup
  in 2005, of which only the absent trochanteric shelf was different from
Sarcosaurus.
  Comparing the two is difficult as only an ilial fragment, proximal pubes and
  incomplete femur are preserved in both. The ilial fragment is undescribed,
and
  neither the pubis or femur preserve diagnostic characters or combinations of
  characters in both since both lack the femoral head, the woodi type lacks
  distal condyles and the Warwick specimen lacks the anterior trochanter.
Characters
  which differ between femora (curvature, fourth trochanter lateromedial
placement,
  presence of trochanteric shelf) vary within other basal theropod taxa as
well.
  The sharp mediodistal flare on the tibia is similar to Elaphrosaurus
  and Ceratosaurus, while the distal tibial depth is greater than
Megapnosaurus,
  ceratosaurs or tetanurines.

References- Huene, 1932. Die fossile Reptil-Ordnung Saurischia, ihre
Entwicklung und Geschichte.
  Monographien zur Geologie und Palaeontologie. 4(1), viii + 361 pp.

  Pickering, 1995. Jurassic Park: Unauthorized Jewish Fractals in Philopatry.
  A Fractal Scaling in Dinosaurology Project, 2nd revised printing. Capitola,
  California. 478 pp.

Welles and Pickering, 1999. Megalosaurus bucklandii. Private publication
  of Stephen Pickering, An extract from Archosauromorpha: Cladistics &
Osteologies.
  A Fractal Scaling in Dinosaurology Project. 119 pp.

Carrano and Sampson, 2004. A review of coelophysoids (Dinosauria: Theropoda)
  from the Early Jurassic of Europe, with comments on the late history of the
  Coelophysoidea. Neues Jahrbuch fur Geologie und Palaontologie Monatshefte.
2004,
  537-558.

Mickey Mortimer