Re: Concavenator corcovatus, a new humped carcharodontosaurid from Las Hoyas

 > and a series of small bumps on the ulna. We think that these bumps
 are homologous to quill knobs present on some modern birds; the knobs
 are related to the insertion area of follicular ligaments that anchor
 the roots of the flight feathers (remiges) to the arm. We propose
 that *Concavenator* has integumentary follicular structures inserted
 on the ulna, as in modern birds. Because scales do not have
 follicles, we consider the structures anchored to the *Concavenator*
 arms to be non-scale skin appendages homologous to the feathers of
 modern birds. If this is true, then the phylogenetic bracket for the
 presence of non-scale skin structures homologous to feathers in
 theropod dinosaurs would be extended to the Neotetanurae, enlarging
 the scope for explaining the origin of feathers in theropods.

Leaves me speechless with excitement!!!