Re: Concavenator corcovatus, a new humped carcharodontosaurid from Las Hoyas

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:11 PM, David Krentz <ddkrentz@charter.net> wrote:

> OH God...please don't be feathered...that will break the budget of our show
> as ALL our theropods may need feathers. ÂCURSE YOU SCIENCE!!!!

It could just be quills (which would be easier, although still a hassle).

Also, this would only extend it to Neotetanurae.
Spinosauroids/megalosauroids, ceratosaurs (including abelisaurs),
coelophysoids, dilophosaurids, etc. might still be "safe".
(Carnotaurus, for one, will always be safe--even if it had quilled
ancestors it doesn't have any itself.)

> ÂThis guy really owns up to the Carcharodonto part of his group. ÂNot only
> does it have shark like teeth, it now has a dorsal fin.

Hehe!
--
T. Michael Keesey
Glendale, California