From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] On Behalf Of T.
Michael Keesey
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:58 PM
To: DML
Subject: Re: Concavenator corcovatus, a new humped carcharodontosaurid from
Las Hoyas

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:11 PM, David Krentz <ddkrentz@charter.net> wrote:

> OH God...please don't be feathered...that will break the budget of our
show as ALL our theropods may need feathers.  CURSE YOU SCIENCE!!!!

It could just be quills (which would be easier, although still a hassle).

Also, this would only extend it to Neotetanurae.
Spinosauroids/megalosauroids, ceratosaurs (including abelisaurs),
coelophysoids, dilophosaurids, etc. might still be "safe".
(Carnotaurus, for one, will always be safe--even if it had quilled
ancestors it doesn't have any itself.)

>  This guy really owns up to the Carcharodonto part of his group.  Not only
does it have shark like teeth, it now has a dorsal fin.

Hehe!
--
T. Michael Keesey
Glendale, California