Re: Concavenator corcovatus, a new humped carcharodontosaurid from Las Hoyas

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Michael Mortimer
<mickey_mortimer111@msn.com> wrote:

> Mike Keesey wrote-
>
>> Also, this would only extend it to Neotetanurae.
>> Spinosauroids/megalosauroids, ceratosaurs (including abelisaurs),
>> coelophysoids, dilophosaurids, etc. might still be "safe".
>> (Carnotaurus, for one, will always be safe--even if it had quilled
>> ancestors it doesn't have any itself.)
>
> Not true. Concavenator includes loads of scale impressions too, after all.
> For all we know Carnotaurus had secondaries on its arms as well.

My bad, I thought Carnotaurus had skin impressions for the forearms. I
haven't seen the paper yet, but I heard Concavenator at least lacks
impressions on the forelimbs; I assumed elsewhere as well.

--
T. Michael Keesey
Glendale, California