FW: Concavenator has two humps

Egad. I'm going to stick my neck out on this one. But ..... hmmmmm .....
I think we have to be very careful with our life-reconstructions here.
You know. Just because a certain patch/area of dinosaur skin displays
tubercles/scales doesn't necessarily equate that feathers don't cover
that area. Elongated feathers from an adjacent area could do just that.
In life, the entire beast may have looked completely feathered.

Which brings me to another point.

Somewhere, years ago, I came across an article that suggested that ostriches
carried armor on their hips [upper thighs/top of the pelvis] in the form of
tubercles so that lions, attempting to bring them down, simply rake their
claws across the armor dislodging a few feathers. They attack from the rear
to avoid a frontal kick.

If anybody has a pdf on anything like this, I've got a good catchers glove
I'm holding up. Thanks.             dale