RE: Concavenator corcovatus, a new humped carcharodontosaurid from Las Hoyas

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Augusto Haro
>
> Some other thing... I suppose the knobs are not present in
> most other non-coelurosaurian tetanurans. May their
> presence-absence be related with the size of the animal? Some
> kind of regression should be needed.
> Concavenator seems to be a relatively small animal.

Size of the animal, or relative size of the elements to the forelimb
perhaps.

Not all eumaniraptorans (indeed, not all flying birds!) have obvious quill
nodes.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216