Re: The Animal World (1956)

I had the Viewmaster too, but as i recall, there was a different ending on the Viewmaster than in the film. In the viewmaster, the Ceratosaurus fight each other to the death, one killing the other, but in the film- they are fighting each other and fall off a cliff. And if I'm using brain cells to remember this stuff, I'll be dependent on Tess to remember where we live soon.

Bob
On Sep 9, 2010, at 11:08 AM, Jane P Davidson wrote:

viewmaster! gosh, I had one of those discs as well with the dinosaurs. I had totally forgot that after X number of years.....;) Jane Davidson
From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] On Behalf Of Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. [tholtz@umd.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 4:07 AM
To: Rob Taylor
Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: The Animal World (1956)

Thank you for this information!

I never actually saw this movie, but I had a ViewMaster disc (!?!? Blast
from the Proterozoic there...) that featured the dinosaur sequences.

Rob Taylor wrote:
Possibly of interest to some on this List, I noted today that Irwin
Allen's
1956 documentary The Animal World, featuring a classic stop motion
dinosaur
segment produced by Ray Harryhausen and Willis O'Brien, is now available
in
its entirety on DVD through Warner Bros. Studio (WBshop.com). Although the
dinosaur segment has previously been on DVD (the 2003 release of  The
Black
Scorpion), to my knowledge, this is the first time the entire film has
been
made available in this format.

A bit too young myself to have ever seen the original film; I look forward to acquiring a copy and seeing the dino segment within its proper context!

Regards,

Rob Taylor
rjtaylor68@comcast.net

--