Re: meet Tapuisaurus macedoi, a new titanosaur from Brazil

More details on the case here:
http://scienceblogs.com.br/cienciaaonatural/ with pictures of the nice
skull.

Too bad it's been leaked before the acceptance of the paper... but I
assume that such cases might become more frequent in the future.
Even nowadays, we are hearing about nomina nuda, online-first papers
released 6 months before printing, X days priorities, objective or
almost objective synonymies (same specimen or counterpart)... so I'm
not so shocked to see this. But it sure is annoying for ICZN
followers.

Anyway,
Good luck for our Brazilian dinosaurologists for their nice discovery
! After all, *****saurus consists of cranial AND postcranial material
- not so frequent for titanosaurs so far as I know !

Cheers,
Jocelyn Falconnet

--
Jocelyn Falconnet