FW: Concavenator corcovatus, a new humped carcharodontosaurid from Las Hoyas

Kris,

You may want to think about this one. Nature can be very tough on animals.
Just about the only instinct capable of overcoming the "will" to survive,
is the "will" to sacrifice one-self on the alter of sex. Animals expose
themselves to considerable danger when overriding the natural urge to survive
by engaging in risky sexual behavior a.k.a...... the dangers lurking in their
environment.

So. I'm going to turn the tables over.

If sexual behavior is at the root cause of the elongation of spine growth then,
why DON'T we see more of this in other clades?? This should be occurring
everywhere
since sexual selection is also everywhere in every clade and NOT dependent on
envir-
onmental regimens.         dale