RE: Stegosaur volume of Swiss Journal of Geosciences

The [SNIP] demon got its teeth into my last message, so here is the un-snipped
section:

I don't think we really need to make the case now that _armatus_ is
non-diagnostic relative to non-_Stegosaurus_ genera.  This is because there is
a non-zero possibility of this happening some time in the future.

Therefore, it is best to discard a nomen dubium like _S. armatus_, rather than
it being a potential source of instability in the future.  This is the crux of
my argument, and why it is good practice to set aside nomina dubia when
defining genera.

In the same vein, _Iguanodon anglicus_ was sensibly replaced as the type
species for _Iguanodon_ solely because _I. anglicus_ was a nomen dubium.  We
did not first have to establish that _anglicus_ failed to form a unique clade
with other _Iguanodon_ species, like _bernissartensis_ and _atherfieldensis_.
Having a type species (_I. anglicus_) that was a nomen dubium was justification
enough to designate a new type species for the genus _Iguanodon_.