Re: Frosty Times for Dinosaurs: Major Fall in Temperature 137 Million Years Ago

---------- Original Message ----------
From: K Kripchak <saurierlagen1978@gmail.com>

> The article on the Cretaceous
> event is using samples only from
> Svalbard.  So it is unknown whether
> or not the cooling was regional or
> global.

A very good point, and a point that, I assume, nearly all of the paleo-eco
community will be tripping over themselves to point out to Price et al.

>From time to time, even paleoecologists can get into the trap of lumping.
>Nonetheless, this is a very important paper, albeit, conservatively-speaking,
>about a single chronogeographic data point.

Now if we had just a few hundred more of the same thing, perhaps we could start
to do some SARious arm-flapping about Cretaceous climate flux.

<pb>

Mortgage Rates Hit 3.25%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c929831e2feac5cf39st06vuc