RE: Stegosaur volume of Swiss Journal of Geosciences

  Moreover, *Noasaurus leali* possesses so far a maxilla and cervcial neural
arch that differs recognizably from that of *Masiakasaurusd knopfleri*, making
the two directly distinguishable -- and thus comparable. As they can be
differentiated, it is left to the readers to assume that the material percent
known is the justification for "better" taxon to base superior nomenclature
upon.

  As this not only dismisses the system of priority a la ICZN, it further
treads on the toes of the ICZN by assuming nomenclature in the form of the
-idae (for recognizability?) which is automatically assumed by anyone using the
other dismissed system to be a Family (ranked taxon). Any author proposing this
"solution" would then have done nothing but muddy the waters.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)
http://qilong.wordpress.com/