RE: Basal birds from China (free pdf) (correction)

From:
 Ben Creisler
 bh480@scn.org

Hit send a bit too quickly. Here?s the correct ref with
the full title of the article included:

Dongsheng LI , Corwin SULLIVAN , Zhonghe ZHOU, Fucheng
ZHANG, 2010. Basal birds from China: a brief review.
Chinese Birds 2010, 1(2): 83-96.

>  I don't recall seeing this article mentioned
(apologies
>  if I missed it). The pdf can be downloaded for free.
>  Also, this is a new journal called Chinese Birds that
>  might be worth monitoring for paleobird content in the
>  future.

http://www.chinesebirds.net:8080/Jweb_bird/EN/volumn/curre
nt.shtml

http://www.chinesebirds.net:8080/Jweb_bird/EN/abstract/abs
tract33.shtml

>  Dongsheng LI , Corwin SULLIVAN , Zhonghe ZHOU1,
Fucheng
>  ZHANG, 2010. Chinese Birds 2010, 1(2) 83-96.

> We use the term "basal birds" for a relatively small
> number of primitive fossil birds that fall outside the
> major clade Ornithothoraces, which includes both modern
> birds and enantiornithines. Eight genera and twelve
valid
> species have been reported from China in the last 15
> years, whereas Archaeopteryx lithographica remains the
> only basal bird to have been described from non-Chinese
> specimens (although confuciusornithid material is
> apparently present in North Korea). Here we briefly
> review the Chinese basal birds and their anatomy,
> phylogeny and ecology. Chinese fossils have contributed
> extensively to scientific understanding of early avian
> evolution, demonstrating collectively that basal birds
> were generally relatively large and morphologically and
> ecologically quite diverse. Although some significant
> uncertainties remain, particularly with respect to the
> relative phylogenetic positions of Jeholornis,
Sapeornis