Re: Striking a blow against the predatory guilds

Agreed. Look at areas where large predators have already been mostly removed
from the ecosystem, for example any highly populated part of the northeastern
US. Deer and Canadian goose populations have exploded thanks to the treatment
of any wild cat or canid species as dangerous. Bears too, for the most part.
With increasing population and decreasing habitat, the deer end up turning to
gardens for food, which in turn causes humans to plant more non-native 'deer
resistant' species and use deer repellant chemicals. The end result is a lot of
starving deer - not a morally superior argument in my opinion!

Michelle Pinsdorf