RE: ICZN & PhyloCode (was RE Stegosaur volume of Swiss Journal of Geosciences

Rescued from the [SNIP] demon, from my previous message:

On Mon, 20/9/10, Anthony Docimo <keenir@hotmail.com> wrote:

> if I ever get a TARDIS, I'm going back and napalming the early
> ceratopsians  and protoceratopsians until no bones remain.  problem
> solved.

That seems a little harsh, and unnecessary.  Your skillset could be better
employed against Daleks and Cybermen and the like.

The "problem" can be solved by less drastic actions than time travel and
osteological extirpation.  Simply abandon Ceratopsidae in favor of
Centrosauridae.  Easy.  Or, alternatively, include _Ceratops_ in the definition
of Ceratopsidae.  This is not so easy, because _Ceratops_ is such a crappy
genus that no self-respecting phylogenetic analysis wants to touch it with a
barge-pole.  But such an analysis is a corequisite for including _Ceratops_ in
the definition of Ceratopsidae.

Cheers

Tim