Xixiposaurus, new Lower Jurassic prosauropod from China (free pdf)

From:  Ben Creisler
bh480@scn.org

Apparently this new Chinese prosauropod has not been
mentioned here yet although the paper came out in March.
I?m not quite sure what is going on with the name (or
names) of the author (or authors).  The Chinese version
gives the author as Guan Gutou-?Sekiya Toru sounds
Japanese but is listed with the English abstract. I may
have to do a bit more research to understand the author
issue.  However, I think the article is worth post
anyway.

The pdf includes an extensive English summary and can be
downloaded at:
http://sjdz.jlu.edu.cn/CN/abstract/abstract8427.shtml

GUAN Gu-Tou (SEKIYA Toru), 2010. A new prosauropod
dinosaur from Lower Jurassic in Lufeng of Yunnan.
Global Geology 2010 29(1): 6-15.

Abstract: A new prosauropod dinosaur Xixiposaurus suni
gen . et sp. nov . from the lower Lufeng Formation of
Lower Jurassic in Lufeng of Yunnan, China is reported.
The diagnostic characters are as follows: steep slant of
the skull roof in lateral view; the maximum height of the
mandible larger than twice ofminimum height of the
dentary; the 4th cervical centrum being longest in
cervicals ; minimum width of the pubic apron wider than
width of the pubic peduncle; the fourth trochanter having
a V-shape notch in lateral view. The phylogenetic
analysis shows that it is one of the most derived forms
among Chinese prosauropods.